Copper to Fiber Transformation
As part of our "Building Gigabit America" strategy, Frontier is decommissioning our Copper network and migrating customers to our Fiber network.
We are replacing our aging Copper equipment with our new, highest-quality fiber equipment to provide a more reliable network for our customers. Customers can choose faster Internet speeds and experience crystal clear call quality, all on our Fiber network.
If you have questions not answered below, please contact Wholesale.C2F.Transformation@ftr.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
- First: For Carriers who subscribe to Frontier wholesale carrier notifications, a Public Notice Serving Wire Center (SWC) Common Language Location Indicator (CLLI) and impacted associated addresses
- Second: Carrier-specific mailed and emailed notifications with specific impacted circuit/service details
- Third: Customer-specific email reminder regarding circuits/services
- Fourth: Customer-specific email reminder regarding circuits/services
- Fifth and Final: Customer-specific email that services not converted will be disconnected
Underground: the most common and will require us digging a slim channel on your end user’s property where we’ll place the cable.
Aerial Power Pole: the least common and will require our technicians to string a new cable.
THE MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE AND THE AVAILABLE REFERENCE DOCUMENTS INCLUDING ANY TRANSLATIONS, COMPILATIONS, WHOLE OR PARTIAL COPIES, TOGETHER WITH ANY SUBSEQUENT REVISIONS OR ADDITIONS ARE AND SHALL REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS PARENT, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES. NO PORTION OF THESE MATERIALS MAY BE REPRODUCED OR TRANSMITTED IN ANY FORM BY ANY MEANS, ELECTRONIC, MECHANICAL OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING PHOTOCOPY, RECORDING OR ANY INFORMATION STORAGE OR RETRIEVAL SYSTEM WITHOUT ADVANCE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM FRONTIER. SHOULD THE HOLDER OF THESE MATERIALS HAVE SUCH WRITTEN PERMISSION TO MAKE COPIES OF THESE MATERIALS, ALL SUCH COPIES MUST CONTAIN THIS PROPRIETARY NOTICE. FRONTIER IS A BRAND NAME USED BY THE FRONTIER, CITIZENS AND OTHER AFFILIATED LOCAL EXCHANGE COMPANIES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.