Ethernet Site Ready GuideWhile every customer site is unique, there are several tasks and steps customers should take prior to Ethernet installation to help minimize delays and complications. This guide will provide information to help customers understand how to prepare the environment prior to the site walk. In some cases a site walk may not be needed, especially if the building is already Ethernet Enabled.
Customer Hand-off type will be specified on the order received by Frontier. If during the site walk the local contact specifies a different type of hand off, the order will need to be modified by the Customer of Record. Frontier will install the circuit at the MPOE unless the order specifies that the Dmarc needs to be extended. Charges may apply.
The information provided in this document are general guidelines and could possibly change when the actual site walk is conducted.
To ensure readiness for Ethernet installation, please be sure to be familiar with the location and availability of these items. If these elements are missing or inadequate, or customer is unable to locate them, the installation may be delayed and customer may incur additional costs.✔ Building Conduit
- Customer must provide a cable path.
- Frontier will utilize common building telecom riser shafts where available. The customer is responsible for any necessary core drilling or other premise work.
- Frontier does not usually require intra-building metallic conduit for fiber optic cable. If the building owner requires such conduit then the customer must provide the conduit.
- All building permits and/or building paperwork should be coordinated directly with the building owner in preparation of a successful Ethernet service installation. Customer should also work directly with the building owner or building responsible individual to discuss any existing facility questions.
- The customer must provide a backboard if one is needed for the installation. The backboard must be 4 feet x 8 feet x ¾ inches.
- Variations of backboard can be discussed at the Site Walk.
- The standard interface for the demarcation with Frontier equipment will be a CAT 5 connector or optical connector in the proposed cabinet, bay or wall space based on the type of service requested by the customer.
- The type of interface will be determined at the Site Walk.
- Building Local Area Network (LAN) Connections
- Standard RJ-45 Connector
- Standard Single-Mode Fiber Connector
- Standard Multi-Mode Fiber Connector
- The customer must provide commercial AC power for Frontier’s equipment.
- The amperage, number and type of receptacles will be determined at the Site Walk.
- Dedicated circuits backed up by UPS/generator systems are highly recommended.
- Frontier, at its discretion may accept alternative power arrangements such as -48V DC. Options will be discussed at the Site Walk.
- Network Interface Devices (NID’s) that are placed on the customer premises must be on surge protected electric power circuits. Customer must provide all necessary electric power.
- If customer neglects surge protected electric power circuits and Frontier’s equipment is damaged, then customer will be responsible for all repairs to Frontier’s equipment.
- The customer must provide adequate grounding capability.
- The customer must also provide a 120V AC, 20A convenience outlet for Frontier’s use.
- Customer must provide ¾” metallic conduit from the Frontier equipment to a Frontier approved building ground. Frontier will run the appropriate gauge wire to the Frontier approved ground connection. Grounding options are:
- Building Service Ground
- Main Electric Box
- Building Steel
- Metallic Water Pipe. Must be in direct contact with the earth for 10’ or more and electrically continuous to the point where the protector ground wire is installed. There must be a bond placed around any meters.
Temperature & Humidity
% Relative Humidity
➤65 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit
➤30 to 55 %
Environment should be
➤Free from dust
➤Free from any hazardous conditions
➤Adequate space is required for cabinet, rack or wall mount based on services being ordered.
➤Specific requirements will be determined at the Site Walk.
|Premise Access and Use||
➤The customer is responsible for providing access to all portions of the premises for which Frontier requires access in order to install Frontier’s conduit, equipment and cable.
➤The customer must obtain any building owner/manager permission for installation of Frontier’s conduit, equipment and cable.
➤Customer must provide space, electric power and cable paths for Frontier’s use.
➤Frontier will not pay any charges for space, power or cable paths.
➤ The Basic list provided above is not intended to be a complete list of premise readiness. Other requirements may apply.
➤ Applicable Frontier tariffs and contracts apply. In the event of a conflict between this document and a Frontier tariff or contract, the Frontier tariff or contract will control and supersede this document.
➤ LCON should be able to meet at the customer premise.
➤ LCON should knowledgeable about the requested service and advise where the service should be placed.
Ethernet cost and availability inquiries may be submitted to your Frontier Account Manager.
If you are currently unaware of your assigned account management team, please email Wholesle_Inquiry@ftr.com
For assistance with ASR order submission, please visit the Ethernet Ordering page.
Frontier maintains the published a list of Ethernet Enabled Serving Wire Centers (SWCs).
THE MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THIS WEBSITE AND THE AVAILABLE REFERENCE DOCUMENTS INCLUDING ANY TRANSLATIONS, COMPILATIONS, WHOLE OR PARTIAL COPIES, TOGETHER WITH ANY SUBSEQUENT REVISIONS OR ADDITIONS ARE AND SHALL REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF FRONTIER COMMUNICATIONS PARENT, INC. AND ITS AFFILIATES. NO PORTION OF THESE MATERIALS MAY BE REPRODUCED OR TRANSMITTED IN ANY FORM BY ANY MEANS, ELECTRONIC, MECHANICAL OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING PHOTOCOPY, RECORDING OR ANY INFORMATION STORAGE OR RETRIEVAL SYSTEM WITHOUT ADVANCE WRITTEN PERMISSION FROM FRONTIER. SHOULD THE HOLDER OF THESE MATERIALS HAVE SUCH WRITTEN PERMISSION TO MAKE COPIES OF THESE MATERIALS, ALL SUCH COPIES MUST CONTAIN THIS PROPRIETARY NOTICE. FRONTIER IS A BRAND NAME USED BY THE FRONTIER, CITIZENS AND OTHER AFFILIATED LOCAL EXCHANGE COMPANIES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.